Course No. :CY110
Course Name : Engineering Chemistry Lab
L-T-P Credits: 0-0-2-1
List of Exercises / Experiments (Minimum of 8 mandatory)
- Estimation of Total Hardness – EDTA method.
- Estimation of Iron in Iron ore.
- Estimation of Copper in Brass.
- Estimation of dissolved oxygen by Winklers method.
- Estimation of chloride in water.
- Preparation of Urea formaldehyde and Phenol-formaldehyde resin.
- Determination of Flash point and Fire point of oil by Pensky Martin Apparatus.
- Determination of wavelength of absorption maximum and colorimetric estimation of Fe3+ in solution.
- Determination of molar absorptivity of a compound other than Fe3+.
- Analysis of IR spectra of any three organic compounds.
- Analysis of 1H NMR spectra of any three organic compounds.
- Calibration of pH meter and determination of pH of a solution.
- Verification of Nernst equation for electrochemical cell.
- Potentiometric titrations: acid – base and redox titrations
- Conductivity measurements of salt solutions.
- Flame photometric estimation of Na+ to find out the salinity in sand.
The student will be able to apply and demonstrate the theoretical concepts of Engineering Chemistry.
• Practical Engineering Chemistry Lab Manual, Owl book publishers
Read online : - ☺