Course No. : EE100
Course Name : BASICS OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
L-T-P-Credits : 2-1-0-3
To impart a basic knowledge in Electrical Engineering with an understanding of fundamental concepts.
Elementary concepts of electric circuits, Kirchhoff’s laws, constant voltage and current sources, Matrix representation; Magnetic circuits, energy stored in magnetic circuits, Electromagnetic induction, Alternating current fundamentals; AC Circuits, Phasor representation of alternating quantities- rectangular, polar and exponential forms; Three phase systems, star and delta connection; Generation of power, Power transmission and distribution; Transformers, Electric Machines- D.C.
Machines, AC Motors; Tariff, Wiring systems, Lamps.
The course will enable the students to gain preliminary knowledge in basic concepts of Electrical Engineering.
• Bhattacharya, S. K., Basic Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Pearson
• Bird, J., Electrical Circuit Theory and Technology, Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group
• Del Toro, V., Electrical Engineering Fundamentals, Prentice Hall of India.
• Hayt, W. H., Kemmerly, J. E., and Durbin, S. M., Engineering Circuit Analysis, Tata McGraw Hill
• Hughes, Electrical and Electronic Technology, Pearson Education
• Mehta, V. K. and Mehta, R., Basic Electrical Engineering, S. Chand Publishing
• Parker and Smith, Problems in Electrical Engineering, CBS Publishers and Distributors
• Sudhakar and Syam Mohan, Circuits and Networks Analysis and Synthesis, Tata McGraw Hill
• Suresh Kumar, K. S, Electric Circuits and Networks, Pearson Education