Year of Introduction
This course gives the basic introduction of electronic hardware systems and provides hands-on training with familiarization, identification, testing, assembling, dismantling, fabrication and repairing such systems by making use of the various tools and instruments available in the Electronics Workshop.
List of Exercises / Experiments (Minimum of 8 mandatory)
1. Familiarization/Identification of electronic components with specification (Functionality, type, size, colour coding, package, symbol, cost etc. [Active, Passive, Electrical, Electronic, Electro-mechanical, Wires, Cables, Connectors, Fuses, Switches, Relays, Crystals, Displays, Fasteners, Heat sink etc.)
2. Drawing of electronic circuit diagrams using BIS/IEEE symbols and introduction to EDA tools, Interpret data sheets of discrete components and IC’s, Estimation and costing.
3. Familiarization/Application of testing instruments and commonly used tools. [Multimeter, Function generator, Power supply, CRO etc.] [Soldering iron, De-soldering pump, Pliers, Cutters, Wire strippers, Screw drivers, Tweezers, Crimping tool, Hot air soldering and desoldering station etc.]
4. Testing of electronic components [Resistor, Capacitor, Diode, Transistor, UJT and JFET using multimeter.]
5. Inter-connection methods and soldering practice. [Bread board, Wrapping, Crimping, Soldering - types - selection of materials and safety precautions, soldering practice in connectors and general purpose PCB, Crimping.]
6. Printed circuit boards (PCB) [Types, Single sided, Double sided, PTH, Processing methods, Design and fabrication of a single sided PCB for a simple circuit with manual etching (Ferric chloride) and drilling.]
7. Assembling of electronic circuit/system on general purpose PCB, test and show the functioning(Any Four circuits)
1. Fixed voltage power supply with transformer, rectifier diode, capacitor filter, zener/IC regulator.
2. LED blinking circuit using a stable multi-vibrator with transistor BC 107.
3. Square wave generation using IC 555 timer in IC base.
4. Sine wave generation using IC 741 OP-AMP in IC base.
5. RC coupled amplifier with transistor BC 107.
6. AND and NAND gates in diode transistor logic.
8.Familiarization of electronic systems ( Any three systems)
1. Setting up of a PA system with different microphones, loud speakers, mixer etc.
2. Assembling and dismantling of desktop computer/laptop/mobile phones.
3. Coil/Transformer winding.
4. Identify the subsystems of TV, DTH, CCTV, Cable TV, CRO, Function generator etc.
5. Screen printing and PCB pattern transfer
6. Soldering & de-soldering of SMD using hot air soldering station.
7. Introduction to robotics- Familiarization of components (motor, sensors, battery etc.) used in robotics and assembling of simple robotic configurations.
Student can identify the active and passive electronic components. Student gets hands-on assembling, testing, assembling, dismantling, fabrication and repairing systems by making use of the various tools and instruments available in the Electronics Workshop.
Home APJ KTU Basics of Electronics Engineering EEE Electronics engineering workshop Introduction to electronics Engineering Kerala Technological University Ktu Electronics Engineering Workshop Syllabus S1&S2 2015-16
Electronics Engineering Workshop Syllabus S1&S2 2015-16
Electronics Engineering Workshop Syllabus S1&S2 2015-16 K T U Students 5.0 stars based on 35 reviews Course No. Course Name L-T-P- Credits Year of Introduction EC110 ELECTRONICS ENGINE...
August 30 - September 6
- Calculus Syllabus S1 2015-16
- Syllabus for Engineering Physics S1&S2 2015-16
- Syllabus for engineering Chemistry S1 & S2 2015-16...
- Syllabus for Engineering Mechanics S1&S2 2015-2016...
- Syllabus for Engineering Graphics S1&S2
- Introduction to Civli Engineering Syllabus S1&S2 2...
- Introduction to mechanical Engineering Syllabus S1...
- Introduction to Electrical Engineering Syllabus S1...
- Introduction To Electronics Engineering Syllabus S...
- Introduction to Computing and Problem Solving Syll...
- Introduction to Chemical Engineering Syllabus S1&S...
- Introduction to Sustainable Engineering Syllabus S...
- Basics of Civil Engineering Syllabus S1&S2 2015-16...
- Basics of Electrical Engineering Syllabus S1&S2 20...
- Basics of Electronics Engineering Syllabus S1&S2 2...
- Differential equations Syllabus S2 2015-16
- Design and Engineering Syllabus S2 2015-16
- Engineering Physics Lab Syllabus S1&S2
- Engineering Chemistry Lab Syllabus S1&S2 2015-16
- Civil Engineering Workshop Syllabus for S1&S2 2015...
- Electrical Engineering Workshop Syllabus S1&S2 201...
- Electronics Engineering Workshop Syllabus S1&S2 20...
- Computer Science Workshop Syllabus S1&S2 2015-16
- Chemical Engineering Workshop Syllabus S1&S2 2015-...
- ▼ August 30 - September 6 (24)
- ► 2016 (132)