ME100 BASICS OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
TIME: 3 HOUR
MAX MARKS: 100 MARKS
(Answer all-3 marks each)
- State first law of thermodynamics?
- Enumerate the various energy conversion devices?
- What is meant by a ‘ton’ of refrigeration?
- Write different methods of power transmission?
- How can engineering materials are classified?
- Explain briefly about powder metallurgy?
- Differentiate up milling and down milling?
- Write the difference between shaper and planer? (8x3 = 24 marks)
(Answer any two from each module-6 marks each)
Explain air standard Otto cycle with PV and TS diagram and write its efficiency?
Explain two statements of second law of thermodynamics?
Discuss about entropy and available energy?
Describe the working of reciprocating pump?
With the help of neat sketch, explain the working of four stroke SI engine?
Discuss about hydraulic turbines and gas turbines?
Explain working of vapour compression refrigeration system with neat sketches?
Sketch and explain window air conditioner?
Discuss about refrigerants and their properties?
With the neat sketch, explain the principle of MPFI?
Explain belt drives and types of belts used in belt drives?
Classify gears and gear trains?
(8x6 = 48 marks)
(Answer any two from each module-7 marks each)
With the help of neat sketch, explain rolling process?
Explain different engineering materials with properties?
Explain sand casting and die casting?
Explain drilling process and pillar drilling machine?
Explain different lathe operations?
Discuss about CNC with its different components?
(4x7 = 28 marks)
Total = 100 marks
SAIF V KASSIM
MEA Engineering College