APJ ABDUL KALAM TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY
FIRST/SECOND SEMESTER B.TECH DEGREE
SPECIAL SUPPLEMENTARY EXAMINATION AUG/SEP 2016
MA-102 DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS
Max Marks: 100 Duration: 3 hrs
Answer all questions Each carries 3 marks
1.Find ordinary differential equation for the basis e^-x√2 , xe^-x√2
2.Reduce y"=y ' to 1^st order differential equation and solve.
3.Find the particular solution to (D^4—m^4)y=sin mx
4.Use variation of parameters to solve y"+y=secx
5.Find the Fourier coefficient "an" for the function f(x)=1+ lxl deﬁned in —3<x<3
6. Develop the Fourier Sine series of f(x)=x in 0<x<π
7. Obtain the partial differential equation by eliminating arbitrary function from x^2+y^2+z^2 =f(xy).
8. Solve y^2 zp + x^2 zq=xy^2
9.Solve ux+uy=0 using method of separation of variables
10.a ﬁnite string of length L is ﬁxed at both ends and IS released from rest with a displacement f (x). What are the initial and boundary conditions involved in this problem?
11. Write all the possible solutions of one—dimensional heat transfer equation
12. Find the steady state temperature distribution in a rod of length 30cm having the ends at 20° C and 80° C respectively.
Answer one full question from each module
13. (a)Verify linear independence of e^-x cosx and e^-x sinx using Wronskian and hence solve the initial value problem y"+2y’+2y=0, y(0) = 0,y'(o)=15
Download Full QP